Wednesday 1 December 2010

Brand spanking new shiny blog!

So I now have a blog, here is a little about me as a designer:

I like to think of myself as a ‘realistic hippy’. I choose not to eat meat as I don’t want to but I don’t think it’s fair or right that everyone adheres to the same rules as there are pros and cons to every argument. I also feel the same about environmental issues. Although I am an avid recycler and ‘turn-er off-er’ of unnecessary lights I am aware that many people are blissfully ignorant and although it would be nice if they weren’t it’s an uphill struggle to convince people otherwise.  That is why as a designer I like to try and bring some of my morals, ethics and opinions into my work. By doing this I can use a hugely popular and always in demand medium, fashion, to bring issues to the forefront of people’s minds without getting on my soapbox. I want to make people think about an issue in their own time and not have it forced upon them. I try to use as many natural materials as possible but as a designer I equally understand that this isn’t always viable or necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment